Life insurance is one of those things you do not think much about. It is not a legal requirement, you hope your family never needs to use it, and it rarely affects you directly. It is one of those things that is often a mental requirement to be considered a responsible adult and parent, but aside from that its simply there in the background forgotten in a file. There are many reasons to purchase life insurance even if you have not reached the stage in your life where you have a lot of dependants or health risks. The Shay Agency provided quality life insurance policies for people in all stages in life. We serve the community of Wilkes-Barre, PA and the surrounding area with reliable service.
Reasons Life Insurance Is Important Through All Life’s Stages:
- Early Adulthood: Young adults often do not think too much about life insurance for decent reasons. However, if you buy an insurance policy in your early twenties and keep it up you will often find your premiums lower for higher coverage as you reach the next stage of your life.
- The early Thirties: At this stage, humans often have dependents, mortgages, and even companies that rely on their vitality. Life insurance brings peace of mind in an uncertain world, and if you purchased while you were young it is likely an easy transition to add dependants and increase coverage as needed.
- Middle-Ages: People often purchase their first policy in their late forties. It is certainly not too late, but again the earlier the better as a general rule.
- Senior Citizen: Many senior citizens have had life insurance for several years and simply keep up their coverage so they know that their passing will not put a financial burden on their children or spouses.
- Golden Years: It may be more difficult to get a policy that has comparable coverage to a policy that was purchased decades ago if insurance is allowed to lapse but funeral policies are common to cover funeral expenses.
- Other: Many grandparents choose to purchase life insurance policies for their young grandchildren, in some cases, these policies can have greater coverage than death benefits.
Contact us at The Shay Agency for more information about a life insurance policy that can grow with you throughout all the stages of your life. We proudly serve the community of Wilkes-Barre, PA and the surrounding areas.